Public invitation for research
Researchers exchange promotion program
Universities and other institutions utilize the sabbatical system to promote the research activities of their staff. At this organization, which includes: National Institute of Polar Research, National Institute of Informatics, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, National Institute of Genetics, and Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research we have established a system that supplements any staffing expenses, such as the salary of researchers, or the expenses associated with the employment of substitute professors.
- Effectively utilizing the sabbatical system of universities and other establishments.
- Possibility to conduct research with confidence because the organization will cover any expenses incurred during the period of absence.
- Research can be conducted in a fully staffed, well-developed research environment.
- By establishing exchanges with researchers from other universities, new research networks can be established.
- The expansion of research vision and the acquisition of new knowledge.
Subjects of the Program
In principle, the requirements of the program are:
- To be a full-time and paid researcher (hereinafter referred to as “researcher”).
- To be affiliated to a national public or private university, or other institution in Japan (hereinafter referred to as “organization”).
- At the time of applying for this program to have been employed at that organization for over one year.
- To continue to work at that organization after completing the research in this program.
- It is a requirement that the researcher described above can conduct research for a certain time period (more than three months, less than one year) at any of the institutes under the Inter-University Research Institute Corporation Research Organization of Information and Systems, namely: National Polar Research Institute, National Institute of Informatics, The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, National Institute of Genetics, and Joint Support-Center for Data Science Research (hereinafter referred to as “research institutions”).
It should also be noted that researchers who plan to retire or resign during the research period, or at the end of this program, will not be eligible.